The Khazanah Innovation Impact Challenge Terms & Conditions
If you do not have such authority, or if you do not agree with theterms of this Agreement, you must not use this website and accept this Agreement and may not participate in the KIIC. If you are under 18 years of age, you must review the Agreement with your parent or guardian before participating in the KIIC to make sure that you and your parent or guardian understand this Agreement and agree thereto. If you are a parent or legal guardian, and you allow your child to participate in the KIIC, then these terms apply to you and you’re responsible for your child’s activity in the KIIC. You shall ensure and represent that your participation in the KIIC is lawful in accordance with applicable laws and Khazanah shall not be taken to make any representation, express or implied, as to the lawfulness of your participation. You acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the terms of the Agreement.
- By submitting your application, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete, and Khazanah reserves the right to disqualify you if you provide any false data. You also hereby acknowledge that Khazanah and its partners are allowed to use any and all information submitted or shared by you pursuant to the KIIC for its own internal use.
- Intellectual Property: The contents used in the KIIC, including without limitation, the text, artwork, documents, technology graphics, photos, sounds, videos, interactive features, services and any output thereof found in this website and throughout the KIIC materials (collectively, the “Content”) as well as all trademarks, service marks, graphics, logos and marks used in the KIIC (“Marks”) are owned by Khazanah and/or third-party service providers that have been engaged by Khazanah for the purposes of the KIIC, where applicable. This Agreement does not transfer to you any intellectual property owned by Khazanah and/or such third-party service providers, and all rights, titles, and interests in and to such Content and Marks will remain solely with Khazanah and/or such third-party service providers, where applicable. None of the information published pursuant to the KIIC by Khazanah or its partners is to be interpreted as granting licenses on the Content and/or Marks and the express written consent of Khazanah and/or third-party service providers is to be obtained if you intend on using the Content or Marks. Unauthorised use of the Content and Marks are strictly prohibited. You acknowledge that all Content and Marks are either copyrighted or trademarked as a collective work under applicable intellectual property laws and treaties.
You warrant to Khazanah that you own all the intellectual property contained in your application to be submitted to Khazanah for the purposes of the KIIC, and any use of any information and ideas in your application (either used by Khazanah or you) will not infringe any third party’s intellectual property rights or other legal rights.
In this regard, you also agree to not:-
- use all or any part of the Content without our prior written authorisation or consent, including for commercial and non-private use;
- use and make reference to the Content and Mark, which includes the name, logo, trademarks or other intellectual property of Khazanah; and the name “Khazanah Innovation Impact Challenge” or any similar derivations; in any material whatsoever without our prior written consent; and
- use, create derivative works of, transfer (by sale, resale, license, sublicense, download or otherwise), copy, upload, post, publish, adapt, modify, screenshot, reproduce, display, disclose, circulate or distribute the Content in any way, without our prior written authorisation or consent.
- Eligibility: The competition is open to Malaysian-based business entities other than entities owned or managed by employees of Khazanah and its partners.
- Conduct of Participants of the KIIC: Pursuant to this Agreement, you agree that you shall not:-
- parse any content within the KIIC or copy any information or logo used for the purpose of mimicking the look and feel of the KIIC;
- use the KIIC to conduct fraudulent or illegal activities;
- use the KIIC to collect or harvest information, including without limitation information about the other participants;
- engage in any activity that will restrict or inhibit other participants from participating in the KIIC peacefully including but not limited to performing any act that would disrupt the KIIC;
- engage in any activity that is unethical or disruptive to the KIIC and other participants participating in the KIIC including any activities that abuse, threaten or harass any other participants participating in the KIIC, as determined by us;
- reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other participant in the KIIC, or exploit the KIIC in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification of the other participants without their consent;
- use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the KIIC or any of the other participants of the KIIC; and
- solicit any third party to, violate and infringe any and all applicable laws and regulations that are applicable.
- Khazanah’s Rights: Khazanah reserves the right to:-
- accept or reject your application in accordance with KIIC eligibility requirements;
- publish, use your, your organisation’s, your organisation’s representatives’ and/or your organisation’s products and/or services’ name(s), trademarks, logo, data, videos and/or photographs in KIIC publicity materials without any prior notice to you;
- at its sole discretion, modify, suspend or discontinue the KIIC, temporarily or permanently, or may withdraw your participation in the KIIC for any reason, with or without notice to you and without liability to you or any third party; and
- disclose any information we have about you (including your identity) if we determine that such disclosure is necessary in connection with any investigation or complaint regarding the KIIC, or to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) Khazanah’s rights or property, or the rights of other participants in the KIIC and in this regard, Khazanah reserves the right at all times to disclose any information that Khazanah deems necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request and when Khazanah determines that applicable law requires or permits such disclosure, including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection purposes.
- Administrative processes: In the event you intend to withdraw your participation in the KIIC, you shall notify Khazanah in writing via email at [email protected] at least five (5) working days in advance and you shall immediately cease any and all representation of your participation in KIIC. Otherwise, KIIC applicants who are shortlisted and/or awarded the project development grant will be contacted via email and phone call for further instructions.
- Award: Opportunity to the award of the project development grant and potential follow-on investment by Khazanah and its partners for KIIC are not transferable. Khazanah reserves the right to substitute or vary the offer without giving notice or justification. The decision to offer the project development grant and potential follow-on investment by Khazanah and its partners are at the sole discretion of Khazanah and its partners. Khazanah and its partners’ decision in respect of all matters to do with KIIC will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No warranty: All information provided in relation to the KIIC by Khazanah or its partners is subject to change without notice. Khazanah disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your participation of the KIIC. You assume total responsibility for your participation in the KIIC. Your sole remedy against Khazanah for dissatisfaction with the KIIC or any content is to stop participating in the KIIC.
- Liability: You acknowledge by your use of this website and participation in the KIIC that such participation is at your sole risk. Khazanah, its affiliates, Khazanah’s and its affiliates’ partners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents (“Exculpated Parties”) assume no responsibility, and shall not be liable for any damages caused by the KIIC to you. In no event shall the Exculpated Parties be liable for any damages of any kind, including without limitation any direct, special, incidental, indirect, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages, including lost profits, whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages, and on theory of liability whatsoever, arising out of or in connection with your participation in the KIIC. You also acknowledge that the Exculpated Parties are not liable for the defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of other participants in the KIIC or third-parties and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with you.
- Indemnity: You agree to defend, indemnify and hold the Exculpated Parties harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising from or related to your participation in the KIIC. Notwithstanding the indemnification given by you, Khazanah shall have the right to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you under the Agreement, and in such case, you agree to fully cooperate as reasonably required with such defence and in asserting any available defences.
- Laws, Jurisdiction and Disputes: KIIC and the Agreement will be governed by Malaysian law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.
- Amendment and Modifications: We reserve the right to amend and modify this Agreement, the website or any other terms relating to the KIIC at any time at our discretion, without notice to you. An updated version of this Agreement will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised Agreement, unless otherwise specified. Your continued participation in the KIIC after the effective date of the revised Agreement will constitute your consent to those changes.
- Miscellaneous: If any part of any provision of the Agreement is invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, such part will be ineffective only to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability, without in any way affecting the remainder of the Agreement. No failure or delay by Khazanah in fully exercising any right, power or privilege will constitute a waiver unless expressly stipulated by Khazanah in writing, and if Khazanah grants a waiver on one occasion, Khazanah shall be entitled to fully enforce its rights, powers and privileges on future occasions. None of the terms in the Agreement shall be enforceable by any person or entity who is not a party to the Agreement. The headings in this Agreement are for convenience of reference only and shall not limit or otherwise affect the meaning hereof.
- Contacting us: If you have any questions, concerns, or complaints regarding this Agreement, you may contact us via email at [email protected].
- Prevailing Language: The English language version of this Agreement shall be controlling in all respects and shall prevail in case of any inconsistencies with translated versions, if any.