PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
Khazanah Nasional Berhad (“Khazanah” or “We”) is committed to protecting your privacy and will take the relevant measures to safeguard your personal information. This Personal Data Protection Policy (“Policy”) sets out how we use and protect the information you give us.
By providing us your personal information, you are giving consent for us to collect, use and process your personal information.
Categories of Personal Data
We, or a service provider engaged by us, may collect and process personal data as provided by you including those that fall into the following categories of data:
- Personal, business, and emergency contact information (including company address, email address, phone number);
- Date of Birth;
- Bank account details;
- National identification number or passport number (or other identification numbers as appropriate);
- Nationality and place of birth;
- Personal images/videos; and
- Other personal data as may be required from time to time for our business operations including planning and management.
How We Will Collect Your Data
We may collect and process your personal data in a number of ways:
- We may process information that you provide by filling in forms for us (whether electronic or not).
- This includes information provided at the time of responding to any request for information from us.
- We may process information that you provide us including as part of a business relationship or contract.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may process details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
- We may also collect data from third party sources and public databases.
Purpose of Processing & Uses Made of The Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with any information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, including information on networking and stakeholder events organised by Khazanah or any of our investee companies or related companies.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Khazanah or our related companies.
- To comply with our obligations and any requests received regarding background and security screening.
- To provide medical insurance coverage where you are related to an employee of our companies.
- To aid our assessment of the business model of your entity to facilitate our shortlisting process for Khazanah Impact Innovation Challenge (KIIC) and potential provision of grants and potential equity and/or debt funding from our funding partners;
- To prepare and execute legal documents.
- To process payments and comply with our accounting and tax obligations.
- For administrative purposes.
- For contact purposes.
- To comply with our obligations regarding security and access within Khazanah or our related companies.
- To investigate complaints and suspected suspicious transactions.
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your company.
- For the purposes of the KIIC.
Your information is necessary to us. If you do not provide all the personal data as requested, we will not be able to keep complete information about you, thus affecting our capacity to accomplish the above-stated purposes. Please note that the above list of the ways in which we may use your personal data is not exhaustive.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to the following parties for the purposes stated above (including those overseas):
- Agents and service providers who provide services relating to the purposes for which the personal data is collected including data processing services;
- Any person, who is under a duty of confidentiality who has undertaken to keep such data confidential; and
- Khazanah’s related, associate companies and affiliates.
We do not disclose your personal data to unaffiliated third parties without your consent. However, we may disclose your personal data if required by law or in good faith, if such an action is necessary to comply with any law enforcement agency requirements, court orders, or legal processes.
Access, corrections and complaints
If you would like to make any inquiries or complaints or requests to access, correct or limit our processing of your personal data, you may do so through our website or contact our Personal Data Officer at 03-20340000 or e-mail to [email protected] or fax to 03-20340001.
Changes to This Policy
Khazanah may review and change this Policy from time to time to reflect changes in the law, our business practices, processes or structure. While it is not generally feasible to notify you of the changes to this Policy, the latest version of this Policy will be available on our website. This Policy is not a contract, nor does it suggest any obligation on our part with another party.
In the event of any inconsistencies between the English version and the Bahasa Malaysia version of this notice, the English version shall prevail.